Friday, February 26, 2010

I'm moving to Copenhagen

I mean it. I'm leaving everything behind and moving to this amazingly beautiful city. I've never been to a more beautiful place. I feel that it has a New York kind of vibe but the architecture is absolutely beautiful. The weather here is great too. It feels like an early spring back in Grand Forks or Sioux Falls; fairly chilly but standing outside for hours is tolerable.

The boat trip over to Denmark was a blast. We explored the boat, hung out on the deck and watched the ship glide through the icy water and enjoyed the beginning of our adventure. I had never stayed on a ship before so it was no surprise that I totally nailed my head on the top bunk when I woke up in the morning haha

When we arrived in Copenhagen we made our way to our hotel and hung out for a bit. We then went out to eat and do some shopping. As some of you may know, I'm a bit of a sunglasses fiend. I could have a totally fine pair, but if I see some that I like I feel the need...the need to buy haha so it took me about 30 minutes in the city before I dished out some Danish Kroner on a wicked pair of sunglasses...but I made sure I got a good deal ;) I've also been taking a lot of pictures so I'll try to get those up soon.

This trip has opened my eyes (both Norway and Copenhagen.) The world is a big place, much bigger than I realized. I was always just content with being in my little world. Content with knowing that there was a big world out there, but now that I have seen what else is out there, knowing just won't cut it. Like I said, the world is a big place, filled with many sights, many cultures, and many people. I'm like a tiny dab of paint in a Georges Seurat painting. I'm growing. I'm learning. I'm living. I'm moving on, leaving the debris of my past exactly where it belongs.

1 comment:

  1. Xavier,

    The last paragraph in this entry was exactly what I prayed and hope for you. Indeed the World is a big place full of wonderful people, places and cultures. Enjoy your new findings, you will draw a lot of wisdom from it.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete