Tuesday, February 16, 2010

If this blog was a News program

Hello, and welcome to What's Happening In Moss. I'm your host Xavier Pastrano. Today was a pretty great day. After class I came back to the house and was looking around on itunes when I remembered what my friend Beth told me. She had mentioned that a Mumford and Sons new album came out today. So I looked them up on itunes and sure enough there it was in all it's amazing folk/bluegrass/rock glory. Because CD's in Norway cost an arm and a leg, I've been buying online, and Sigh No More by Mumford and Sons was quite possibly one of the best purchases I've made while I've been here. The Album is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING the whole way through. So after making my purchase, I uploaded it onto my iPod and went for a stroll through snowy Moss as my ears were treated to sheer brilliance. The band is playing a show in Stockholm in April and I'm hoping that I will be able to attend, but it might be tricky. The concert is is on a Monday, so I would need to be back Tuesday to teach, and Stockholm is 6 hours away by train, but 1 hour by plane. Also, if I were to go, the concert starts at 8 and no other flights leave late that night so I would need to find a place to stay...soooooo, if this were to happen, I would fly to Stockholm (tickets here are insanely cheap), go to the concert, stay in a hotel, fly back to Moss early the next morning. I'm a little unsure if this can be pulled off, but my heart wants it to so badly because I know that this concert would quite possibly be one incredible experience.

In other news, as I was walking through the library at school, I came across a book called Skins, which just so happens to be written by one of my old poetry professors back at SMSU! I was surprised to see his book all the way in Moss, so I checked it out and have begun to read that in my spare time. I'm really enjoying it thus far.

This just in...Winter break begins this Friday and I'm very excited. I'll be taking a trip to Copenhagen with some friends. We'll take a ferry from Oslo, spend a 2 days and a night in Copenhagen and then ride the ferry back to Norway. I'm hoping for some great photos and some poetic inspiration.

Our final story involves a young man who misses all of his friends and family back in the states. Although he's thoroughly enjoying his trip overseas, he knows that there truly is no place like home. Miss you all!

-Xavier


2 comments:

  1. I think that you could totally pull off a trip to Stockholm! The airport there is really small, so flights don't usually leave until about 6am in the morning (if you fly) and you definitely cannot stay at the airport I flew into (Skavsta - there are flyers banning it there and everything.) There are hotels near the airport, but naturally they are more expensive than in the actual city. When I was there, we stayed at a hostel and took the bus in and out of the city to get to the airport, which is pretty typical to do in most European cities I've been to. Oh, this is making me so jealous. I think Stockholm was one of the prettiest places I traveled to when I was in Europe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gather information to your destination before leaving.

    Hostels in Bogota

    ReplyDelete