Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wednesday Brings Happiness

So today was quite possibly THE MOST EPIC DAY IN NORWAY...EVER! Tor and I woke up early and went to pick up Fe at her friends house. We then went into downtown Oslo and met up with our friend Kyle. From there we went to the amazing Frogner Park. It's a park in west-end Oslo known for the Vigeland Sculpture Park. The sculptures are very famous and quite beautiful. They are men, women, and children in many various poses and situations. Some are funny, some are sad, intense, beautiful, scary...etc. There was definitely a certain kind of atmosphere. The park was covered in snow and felt kind of mysterious...which I liked haha I took a ton of pictures and had a blast.

After the park we went back downtown and went to eat lunch at Egon. Amazing food and a great time. From there we went to the Bristol Hotel cafe and had THE BEST HOT CHOCOLATE EVER. It was really that good. As we were leaving the Bristol Cafe, we passed the opening of the hotel and I noticed a man smoking a cigarette in front. He looked very familiar to me and I knew I had seen him before. He had kind of a crazy haircut and was wearing some crazy pants. As we continued to walk I leaned over to Kyle and said "I'm pretty sure we just passed Johnny Rotten." He said, "What! Are you serious?" We al stopped and looked back. I was about 99% sure. Fe suggested that I go up to him and say hi, but I was scared that he would spit in my face...as he is famous for doing such things. She said she would go with me, so we walked back and Fe asked, "Excuse me, are you Johnny Rotten?" and he responded with a "Ello." and smiled. JOHNNY FREAKIN ROTTEN! LEAD SINGER OF THE SEX PISTOLS! FORE FATHER OF PUNK ROCK MUSIC! I said, "It's very nice to meet you." and shook his hand...SHOOK HIS HAND! We asked him what he was doing in Oslo and he said "skiing." and I was like, "Are you serious?" and without a beat he responded with, "no." hahahaha and that was about it. We said goodbye and wished him well and he the same. Today I meet a pioneer of teh punk rock movement and shook his hand...and he didn't even spit on me! bahaha

After our celebrity encounter we went to pick up our friend Anna at the train station and I ended up buying a watch at a shop there. It's a Neon, black and gold. I was very happy with the purchase. Now I don't have to keep asking others for the time or keep checking a cell phone.

So yeah, today was absolutely epic. Best day in Norway by far.

-X

No comments:

Post a Comment