Friday, April 9, 2010

Råkk og Råll Brukthandel og Museet for Samtidkunst

Today was a pretty great day. I went with another instructor here at the ACN to Oslo for the afternoon. First we went to Råkk og Råll Brukthandel which is a huge record store in Oslo. It's three floors of records, CD's, cassettes, and other trinkets haha It was quite an amazing place. I ended up making a few purchases. I bought a record by a group called The Ozark Mountain Dare Devils. I've never heard of them, but they're a string band and they looked pretty cool :P I also bought The Graduate Soundtrack, The Byrds Greatest Hits, and a record called Rap Attack 1 hahaha It has songs by Grand Master Flash and Sugarhill Gang on it :)

After the record store we went to the Museet for Samtidkunst which is the Museum for Contemporary Art. They had some pretty cool exhibits there and I really enjoyed it. They had some great media art of huge psychedelic projections and some awesome wood prints :)

After all the record shopping and the art admiring, we ate at one of my favorite restaurants in Oslo, The Rice Bowl. It's this amazing little Thai restaurant that makes some of the best food ever!

Now I'm back in Moss, enjoying the amazingly beautiful weather. I have the windows open and a cool breeze is blowing in. Things are good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment