Saturday, April 17, 2010

National Record Store Day!

As you can tell, I am pretty excited about today :) I was planning on taking the train to Oslo to go check out the record stores on this day of vinyl celebration, but I decided to stay in Moss and check out the local record store again, which ended up being quite a fantastic experience. The owner was working there today and we ended up having a pretty great conversation about music, different styles, and how it's a universal language. He makes his own music, mostly hip hop and house stuff and he played me some of his stuff that he's made over the years. It was really great stuff, especially the hip hop stuff. The rhymes were in Norwegian and they were super sick and flowed insanely well! I told him about my music and what I've been up to lately and he seemed pretty interested and said that if I ever have anything I want to sell in the store I was more than welcome to send the stuff his way because, as he stated, "My mission is to expose the world to new music." which I thought was pretty cool :) I ended up buying some more records and he knocked off 50 kroner! (which is like $8!) I got the soundtrack for A Clockwork Orange, The Warriors soundtrack, No Jacket Required by Phil Collins, and Them by King Diamond. My national Record Store Day was pretty epic, how was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment