Wednesday, May 5, 2010

She & Him

Last night I went to see She & Him in concert in Oslo. They're a band consisting of Guitarist/Vocalist M. Ward and Vocalist/Keyboardist Zooey Deschanel (who is also an actress. She was in 500 Days of Summer, Elf, Yes Man...) Anyways, the show was absolutely amazing! Their style is something similar to that or Roy Orbison, kind of 50's throwback vibe. It was probably one of mist fun I've had at a concert, the music just puts you in such a good mood because it's so upbeat :) Before the concert I went to the Rice Bowl for supper with some friends, which was great because it's the best Thai restaurant in Oslo and my favorite restaurant here :) I ended up buying some concert goodies :) I got a copy of She and Him's second album "Volume 2" on vinyl, and the Split LP of the opening band The Chapin Sisters. I also got another copy of "Volume 2" and a really cool canvas bag for a super special person ;)

The Chapin Sisters opened the show and they were incredible. It was just the two sisters for the first few songs and then they were joined by a back up band later on. They had some very beautiful harmonies and they're music was almost hypnotizing haha They played this song called "Digging A Hole" and it was epic. It kind of reminded me of "Woman King" by Iron and Wine.

She & Him took the stage at 10:00 and rocked the night away :) They had so much energy and put on an incredible show. It was just so much fun. Zooey was jumping around with her tambourine and M. Ward was shredding away on his guitar...it was a blast. I was also super close to the stage. I was probably about 7 feet away from them! They played alot of stuff from their first album "Volume 1" and then near the end they played more of their new stuff. For their encore they played Roll Over Beethoven and that was suuuuper awesome! The show overall was just fantastic.

The fun experiences didn't end when the concert was over though. On my way back I saw a guy with dreadlocks down to his feet, I mean, they were about half an inch from dragging on the ground lol and I also came across a super drunk guy dancing and singing Bad Romance by Lady Gaga....awesome hahahaha

I have 11 days until my return!!!! I miss everyone sooo much and I can't wait to see your faces again!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment